Parliamentarians and Nuclear Weapons: A Briefing Book for the Parliamentary Network for Nuclear Disarmament
Author and editor. Move the Nuclear Weapons Money blog includes articles on actions, events and developments relating to nuclear weapons divestment, cutting nuclear weapons budgets and re-allocating these budgets and investments to support peace, the climate and sustainable development.
- Nuclear weapons versus the sustainable development goals, in Move the Nuclear Weapons Money, published by IPB, PNND and WFC, October 2016
- The Climate-Nuclear Nexus, Pacific Ecologist, Issue 22, Summer 2013
- Now is the Time for a Diet Change, Pacific Ecologist Issue 18, Winter 2009
- Nuclear energy and weapons: Uncontrollable in time and space, Huffington Post, March 23, 2011
- Water Not Weapons: Law Not War, presentation to the “World Summit on Sustainable Development”, Johannesburg, South Africa, September 2, 2002.
Gender & sexual violence
- Turning the Tables: Can us men really understand sexual violence against women? Pressenza, 26 March 2013.
- The shepherd girl who cried wolf! Credibility and the campaign against sexual abuse, AlynWare Blog, 3 March 2017
- Prosecution memorial, International Tribunal on the Nuclear Powers and the Destruction of Human Civilisation, Department of Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Sydney, August 2016
- Prosecution closing statement, International Tribunal on the Nuclear Powers and the Destruction of Human Civilisation, Department of Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Sydney, August 2016
- From Dr Strangelove to Dr Suess: Contribution of Professor Roger Clark on the legal norm against nuclear weapons, published in For the Sake of Present and Future Generations,
- New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament, and Arms Control Act, published in Berkshire Encyclopedia of Sustainability: The Law and Politics of Sustainability, Editors: Klaus Bosselmann, Daniel Fogel and J.B.Ruhl, 2011.
- Rule of Force or Rule of Law? Legal Responses to Nuclear Threats from Terrorism, Proliferation, and War, Seattle Journal for Social Justice, Volume 2, Issue 1, Fall/Winter 2003
- NGO and Government Cooperation in Setting the Disarmament Agenda: The Impact of the 1996 International Court of Justice Advisory Opinion, published in Reframing the Agenda: The Impact of NGO and Middle Power Cooperation in International Security, edited by Kenneth Rutherford, Stefan Brem and Richard Matthew, Praeger, Westport CT, 2003.
- Nuclear disarmament – can the UN Secretary-General play a role? New World: Make the UN Great Again, United Nations Association of the UK, August 2016
- European parliaments demand no-first-use: Obama’s nuclear agenda analysed, co-authored with Jean-Marie Collin. InDepthNews, August 2016
- Advocacy networks and a world free of nuclear weapons, published in Global Nuclear Disarmament: Strategic, political and regional perspectives, edited by Nik Hynek and Michal Smetana, Routledge, London/New York, 2016
- Nuclear disarmament – five steps New Zealand should take, Incline: Understanding New Zealand’s place in the world, September 2, 2015
- From Prague to a Nuclear-Weapons-Free World: Is President Obama’s vision now achievable? Pressenza, April 5, 2013
- Kicking out the Bomb: Does the New Zealand experience have relevance for Scotland, Scottish Left Review, Issue 95, 2013
- An Ottawa process for nukes, The Embassy, Ottawa, November 10, 2010
- Japan and NATO are ready for the U.S. to reduce nuclear weapons, Huffington Post, April 20, 2010
- From aspiration to success:Shaping civil society action to change nuclear weapons policy, published in UNIDIR, Disarmament Forum, Civil Society and Nuclear Disarmament, 2010, No 4.
- Thinking the unthinkable on nuclear policy, Huffington Post, March 18, 2010
- Hiroshima Flame to travel the world for nuclear abolition, Pressenza, August 4, 2009
- The human factor – Revising Einstein, SGI Quarterly, July 2007
- Lobbying for Nuclear Disarmament, published in Peace is Possible, edited by Fredrik S. Heffermehl, International Peace Bureau, Geneva, Switzerland, 2000
- Depleted Uranium Weapons and International Law, published in Metal of Dishonor: Depleted Uranium, International Action Center, New York, 1997.
- IPB and the Newark Peace Education Summit, International Peace Bureau, May 15, 2011
- Peace Education in Schools, an information pamphlet for teachers, produced by Alyn Ware, the Peace Foundation and the New Zealand Ministry of Education, 2003
- Peace Education in the Curriculum, Peace is More than the Absence of War, Gil Hanly (ed), New Women’s Press, Auckland, 1986.
Security & diplomacy
- Kiwi UN experiences, UN Association of New Zealand, 2015
- Waltz-ing with the Bomb: Good Hands, Bad Hands or No Hands?, Centre for Security Studies, Zurich, February 18, 2014
- Nuclear sabre-rattling in North East Asia: Can Godzilla be tamed, Pressenza March 12, 2013. Also printed in French, Portuguese
Sport & peace
- Nuclear bombs, cooperative games and the prisoners dilemma, Basel Peace Office, June 2015
- Using sports and games to bridge conflicts and build peace: trainers workshop guide, Basel Peace Office, May 2013
- Sports and Peace – Bridge-builder or Oxymoron? Global Campaign for Peace Education editorial, July 2011.
- Juggling and the Kashmir-Jammu Conflict, SGI Quarterly, April 2008